Followers:

Sunday 15 May 2011

They don't call it a "Predator" for nothing... MQ-1 Predator UAV




I wanted to finish the Little Birds today but somehow got distracted by this lovely little quick-build: a MQ-1 "predator" UAV.


It was a RQ-1 Predator (which is not armed) from Italeri which I upgraded using resin parts from Unicraft. The MQ-1 can be armed with up to two M114 Hellfire missiles. I didn't like the resin missiles so I took one of my unbuilt Apache helicopter from HobbyBoss.

I will have to build a very large flying base for this one, but I simply wanted a model for the appropriate Fog Of War card in Force On Force. *evil grin*


No, the GW base won't stay - it only helps to paint this beast.

7 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

A good looking model...it looks more like an Alien than a predator :-D
Cheers
paul

Chris M. aka "Sgt. Scream" said...

Yes, I actually thought the same thing. :-)

Paul said...

I am starting to get scared about how many projects you are doing Chris!

Looks great.

Regards Paul

Monty said...

I love (real) UAVs, they are the way forward, I was reading today that the RAF has just formed its second Reaper UAV squadron - good stuff.
Regards,
Monty

Chris M. aka "Sgt. Scream" said...

@Paul: it's not as much as you think. Oh I think I never showed my two 40k armies.... LOL

Basicly its two American armies for FoF (Army and USMC), two middle eastern armies (irregulars and Iraqi Republican Guard) and the Chinese PLA.
Not even started are cold war russians and west-germans, but I finished a 1990+ Bundeswehr Panzergrenadier Army.
Then there is the occasional air support, artillery, civilan base and terrain. Gosh, now I am scared about all those models, too. :-P

Ulu Elsomalien said...

Where did you get them (italieri kit and unicraft) ? Because I only find the Italieri kit for 21€ and the Unicraft one for 16£ or 39,90€.
Sad to say, I may finally use a Maisto diecast for 3$....

Chris M. aka "Sgt. Scream" said...

@Ulu:

I bought them online. There should now be a version by Italeri that IS armed (mine wasn't). That way you wouldn't need the Unicraft one (which is a horrible piece of kit...).

Can't remember what I paid for - I got those like 2.5 years ago when they first were released.